We are living in unpredictable times and insurmountable stress, which unfortunately has created an anxiety pandemic. Excessive worrying can feel paralyzing at times; often interfering with sleep, health, relationships and overall sense of enjoyment. There is hope.
Research has shown that therapy with a counselor who specializes in anxiety is the most effective treatment plan. In counseling you can explore the underlying cause of your concerns and fears. There might be circumstances in your past where you experienced physical pain, trauma, emotional wounds, neglect or abuse. My integrative approach includes space to process your unique story and where anxiety might have originated, while also offering practical tools so you can live a more productive and peaceful life. I have found cognitive behavioral therapy, EMDR and mindfulness behavior techniques to be effective in the treatment of anxiety; providing levels of freedom so you can get back to the life you were created for.
Symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, irritability
- Racing thoughts and excessive worry
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Problems with sleep
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past